Coronavirus Update: Reopening Warrington Islamic Centre
ال َّسالَْيكعلََو َر ْح َمةَوبَ َر َكات ه
Alhamdulillah, in line with UK Government guidelines, we are pleased to announce Warrington Islamic Centre will be reopening insha’Allah for congregational Fardh prayers only, from Saturday 4th July 2020 starting with the Fajr Prayer. However, Coronavirus is still present and poses a threat to life and with higher cases within BAME communities, strict safety measures will be enforced in compliance with the UK Government guidelines in order to minimise the risk associated with the spread of Covid 19.
Attached to this letter is the detailed safety protocols poster, please take the time and study carefully. No one will be exempt from the safety measures and they will be enforced by designated Safety Martials. Anyone who fails to adhere to the safety protocols or fails to follow instructions from the Martial’s will be refused entry into the Prayer hall and/or will be asked to leave.
Below is a brief summary of the new procedures you need to follow before coming for congregational prayers. Further details can be found on the attached poster.
- You must bring your own face mask – available to purchase from the Centre for £1
- All attendees are required to bring their contact details (name and number) written on a piece of paper for purpose of track and trace (daily requirement)
- You must bring your own prayer mat, head covering and shoe bag
- All Sunnah and Nawafil Prayers must be prayed at home
- There will be no access to Wudu and Toilet facilities
- No elderly (70+), sick (including fevers and coughs) or children (12 and under)
- Temperatures will be checked and if found to be above the threshold (37.8 degrees Celsius or over), entry into the Prayer Hall will not be permitted.
- Doors will open 15 minutes before Jamaat time and will be locked during Prayers
- No socialising on Masjid premises prior to and after Fardh Prayers. Everyone should disperse and leave the Masjid after the congregational prayers.
The first Jummah Prayer will take place on Friday 10th July 2020. Under the new Government policy, the Centre will have a reduced capacity due to social distancing. Entry will be on a first come basis, so please allow enough queuing time. We ask you for your cooperation during this time. We pray that Allah has mercy upon the Ummah of Sayyiduna Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلمand heals all those afflicted by the disease.
WIA Trustees & Imam